At Asilia Africa we aim to be an Organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact. We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
We are looking for a professional Itinerary Sales / Commercial Manager to be based in our Cape Town office (or possibly in the UK).
1. Responsibilities / scope of work
Development of the Group approach to itinerary sales and destination management services
Manage the development and integration of the Asilia commercial channel approach
· Understanding the market requirements for a first-class itinerary offering. Fully understanding: Asilia / third party mix; ground handling requirements, delivery to varying geographic markets
· Integrated the results into Asilia commercial and operational organisation
· Work with internal partners to deliver commercial objectives
· Manage relevant external parties to fulfil target goals.
Sales, Agent & Retail Teams:
· Develop a robust proactive marketing strategy to ensure a steady growth from source markets. In particular
1. Increase in bed nights
2. Increase in overall revenue
3. Protect and grow the achieved rate per geography
4. Growth in reliance on Asilia product from key markets by supporting those agents ground handlers
· Manage the production of itinerary costings including annual competitor analysis.
· Determine and implement appropriate levels of commission for individual agents for all the markets (in conjunction with Agent team members)
· Respond to daily requests/complaint handling from your key markets.
· To travel as deemed necessary to fulfill the targets for the geographies in which you work.
· Support of Finance dept. in managing individual agent account balances.
· Contribute to writing and proofreading of material (along with Agent team) for the unit
· Contribute to Agent Zone as required
Management: To contribute experience to the growth of team members through informal mentorship.
· 1. Develop clear and strong lines of communication with your relevant sales teams.
· 2. Assist in the growth of the sales department as a whole through engagement and support.
· 3. Maximize the sales efficiency of individuals through support, troubleshooting and capacity building.
· To encourage inter department co-operation
· To assume leadership roles as needed and advised (may include management of team members).
2. Required qualities and skills:
o Responsible 'go to' person
o Sharp commercial awareness
o Good organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure
o Ability to take on board and disseminate constructive feedback from external and internal sources
3. Required experience:
o Minimum 5-10 years experience of broader industry sector (hospitality & tourism)
o Experience and good understanding of East African Safari tourism environment
o Proven track record in delivering strong end results at various levels in the industry, ability to set and meet targets
o Experience of as many aspects of industry as possible (ideally more than one side of the fence)
o Experience with sales and marketing reservation systems
Should you be interested and would like to be considered for this position, please email your updated CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the end of May.