Roadshow - Africa Showcase: Nordics 2020
- Helsinki - Finland, Stockholm - Sweden, Oslo - Norway
- March 9th - 13th 2020
The whole Nordic region is a growing tourism source market to Africa. Yet, when positioning yourself from a sales and marketing perspective, each country needs to be considered on its own when it comes to travel patterns, priorities and concerns for travel to Africa. It’s important to work the market with people who understand the trends.
Meet a market looking for new African destinations and experiences:
- Build relationships with trade looking for a long-term commitment
- Benefit from increased air access coupled with longer holiday periods
- Be appreciated for your unique and personal touches
- Put together tailor-made individual tours
- Offer child and family friendly accommodation
- Product rotation with exhibitors moving, ensuring you meet all attendees
- Networking cocktails
Nordics facilitator, Eva Stenmarck, shares these thoughts on the market:
The Nordic countries consist of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden and Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. The whole region is a growing tourism source market to Africa. Very important, sales and marketing wise, is that each country needs to be considered on its own when it comes to travel patterns, priorities and concerns when travelling to Africa.
- The Danish crown is very strong while the Norwegian and Swedish crown is weaker. This has no impact on South Africa sales due to the weak rand, but might have more impact on the dollar-based destinations.
- The market in the Nordics is about relationships and building relationships with those who are selling your destination, product or service. Working with the Nordic market is a long-term investment.
- Increased air access from all the Scandinavian capitals is opening the market further.
- South Africa is a well established market up here by now, so many of the buyers are looking for new African destinations such as Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya.
- Nordic FIT travellers to South Africa prefer to self-drive and enjoy staying at personal B&Bs and guest houses preferably with a pool instead of big hotel chains, so it is good to highlight the personal touches you have. The Nordics in general are adventurous and experimental, and like to explore and experience new and different things.
- For Southern and East Africa, the first-time visitor might select a guided group tour, but still the Scandinavians are independent travellers so often ask for tailor-made individual tours.
- Families travel a lot together so suppliers who can offer child and family friendly accommodation is a big plus.
Please click here for more information or scroll down to fill out the form.