- Heritage Hotels To Upgrade Mara Intrepids Camp
- Appointment of a new F&B Manager at The Majlis
- Tuli Safari Lodge sponsors orphan house
- Karafuu wins 'Africa's Leading Beach Resort' and 'Tanzania's Leading Resort' at World Travel Awards
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris to Operate Seasonal Balloons in Seregeti South
- Londo Lodge welcome new management couple
- Kamili's Safari News Edition 13 now out
- Sleeping Warrior Lodge opening 18th December!
- Honour Way - Delta Dunes welcome their new management couple
- USTOA welcomes newest active member, Cox & Kings
Specialist Morocco and Moivaro launch Riad Africa - New Boutique Hotel in MarrakechBy Specialist Morocco
Specialist Morocco, in a joint venture with the Moivaro Lodge & Tented Camp group of Tanzania, has this week launched Riad Africa, a stunning 8-bedroomed property located just five minutes’ walk from Djemaa el Fna square in Marrakech.
The traditionally-built property has been carefully restored using the finest local materials and decorated with African artefacts. Its central palm-filled courtyard also boasts one of the largest dipping pools in the Medina (some 16 square metres) plus there is a tropical roof terrace with sun beds for relaxation.
A juice bar offers fresh fruit cocktails and a comfortable dining room serves traditional Moroccan fare; great value at £10 for a two-course lunch and £15 for a three-course dinner. The property also has its own Hammam and massage room with a range of bookable treatments.
Each of the individually-African themed rooms has air-conditioning, iPod docks and guests have free access to high-speed wireless internet. On arrival, guests are also loaned a local mobile phone free of charge which comes pre-programmed with useful numbers including the riad manager, local taxi companies and popular venues.
The property is managed by Tod Zankert, an American who has lived in Morocco for 7 years. Tod knows the city inside out and has created a unique walking tour called ‘The Real Marrakech’, which is free to guests who book a stay of three nights or more.
Stays at Riad Africa cost from £100 per night (standard suite), which includes Moroccan breakfast, wireless internet and free use of a local mobile phone.
The larger suites which sleep up to 3 people cost from £120 per night and the Royal Suite which sleeps a family of 4 people cost from £160 per night.
Specialist Morocco can also arrange tours to the Atlas Mountains, Sahara and Essaouira.
Travel agent and tour operator bookings are most welcome - Riad Africa sleeps up to 21 guests, so is ideal for small group bookings, specialist interest tours and events. For details of rates and availability call 020 7193 2461 or visit http://www.specialistmorocco.com/s-43-riad-africa.aspx.