- Counting Hippos with The Far Horizons
- Gamewatchers & Porini Camps Win Best Community Conservancy and Best Eco Property in Kenya
- Spotlight on the Vanilla Islands as Dodo Travel & Tours launch new website
- Cultural Tourism
- Dream Team Appointed At Singita Kruger National Park
- Uncharted Africa Safari co. launches Set Date Departure Itinerary Combining a Mobile Experience in the Okavango Delta with Permanent Camps in the Unique Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Joy's Camp & Saruni Samburu Operating as Normal
- The Flying Doctors Society enters Partnership with Go Places Privilege Card
- Karen Blixen Camp opens a Cooking School for Maasai Youth
- Fly Camping at Manyara Ranch Conservancy
Elsa's Kopje Revealed as an Andrew Harper 2012 Grand Award Winner
In New York on 28th December 2011, Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, the most respected publication in luxury travel, revealed its 2012 Grand Award winners. We are pleased to announce that Elsa's Kopje was named on the prestigious list, which is comprised of Mr. Harper's favorite 19 properties he visited within the past calendar year.
Each of Mr. Harper's Grand Award winners possesses exceptional character, a commitment to classic hospitality and a profound sense of place. Mr. Harper does not evaluate hotels by means of a checklist, but uses his three decades of experience to distinguish the truly enchanting from the merely excellent.
The Hideaway of the Year and 18 Grand Award winners around the world are identified in the January 2012 issue of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report and online at AndrewHarper.com/grand-awards-2012.
About Elsa's Kopje
Elsa's Kopje was built by Stefano and Liz Cheli (of Cheli & Peacock) in 1999, as a pioneer property introducing clients to a new and untouched part of Kenya, Meru National Park. Named after Elsa the lioness of 'Born Free' fame, Elsa's Kopje is a luxury boutique lodge and a key member of The C&P Portfolio. Elsa's Kopje is also active in various different conservation and community initiatives, including fundraising for the education of local children.
For more information about Elsa's Kopje, visit elsaskopje.com or contact email@example.com
About Andrew Harper
Free of advertising since its inception in June 1979, Hideaway Report is a private monthly publication for sophisticated travelers. The selection of hotels, resorts and restaurants for inclusion in this newsletter is made on a completely independent basis, with Andrew Harper LLC paying full rate for all meals, lodging and related travel expenses. Andrew Harper and his editors travel incognito to write candid and unbiased travel reviews for a private membership service, which provides personalized travel-planning assistance, bespoke tours and valuable travel privileges to its members.