- Safari Legacy launch UK and German office
- From Hell to Paradise - Dodo Trail - 21 July 2012 - Mauritius
- Africa Expert Game For New Challenge
- Horizon Horseback Launches New Bush Camp!
- Cape Town Event - Charity Concert and Family Picnic
- Royal Opening of New Tourism Complex in Swaziland’s Mlawula Reserve
- Kenya Airways To Start Direct Flights From NairobiI To New Delhi
- Malawi's Swift Air Completes Maiden Malawi-JNB Shuttle
- Baobab Travel – Certified as Fair Trade Tourism (FTT)
- Machweo Wellness Retreat And Fine Dining Opening
Shamwari Group Supports Pride of Cape Town
The world renowned Shamwari Group in conjunction with the international wildlife charity, the Born Free Foundation, is proud to announce it is also now a sponsor of the Pride of Cape Town, which will be officially launched at the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town, next summer in 2013.
Pride of Cape Town is supported by Shamwari Group, Born Free and Wild in Art. It is a public arts event that aims to raise money and awareness for the Born Free Foundation by placing 50 decorated lion sculptures around the V & A Waterfront.
Born Free works to protect and conserve lions in the wild. Lion numbers have dramatically dropped due to persecution, loss of habitat and unsustainable trophy-hunting. Their position has never been more perilous and there may be as few as 25,000 left across the entire continent.
Each lion sculpture is sponsored by individuals and companies and Shamwari Group has also sponsored a lion in support of this great cause. The local artist who will paint and decorate the Shamwari Group lion will be announced shortly.
Shamwari Group and the Born Free Foundation already have an established working relationship as the Born Free Foundation in South Africa can be found at Shamwari Game Reserve, situated in the Eastern Cape near Port Elizabeth, which helps to rescue and care for vulnerable animals, such as lions, that cannot be returned to the wild.
Brian May, Queen guitarist and Kerry Ellis, Broadway singing star, have also put their names behind the cause and have created a documentary video that was filmed at Shamwari Game Reserve that accompanies a special acoustic version of the song ‘Born Free’.
“Conserving a Vanishing Way of Life“
This press release was distributed on behalf of our client, Shamwari Group.