- Precision Air Reintroduces Flights to Arusha
- Fifth group of aspirant chefs enrolled at Singita School of Cooking
- Singita expands Relais & Châteaux portfolio
- Find out about this birding specialist's recent visit to Bumi Hills
- Livingstone Island visits stopped from April 3rd
- Shamwari Group Supports Pride of Cape Town
- Safari Legacy launch UK and German office
- From Hell to Paradise - Dodo Trail - 21 July 2012 - Mauritius
- Africa Expert Game For New Challenge
- Horizon Horseback Launches New Bush Camp!
Shamwari Game Reserve Supports Surrounding Communities
Part of Shamwari Group, Shamwari Game Reserve situated in the Eastern Cape, near Port Elizabeth, continues to grow its various staff and communityprojectswith multiple new initiatives.
Comments Group General Manager, Joe Cloete: "We feel that it is just the right thing to do to share and help support those around us, which we consider to be part of the Shamwari family. For us having happy neighbours and passing on our knowledge benefits one and all, especially the next generation."
The ‘Umzi Wethu Training Academy for Vulnerable Youth’was established by the Wilderness Foundation and every year, for the last four years, Shamwari Game Reserve selects the top two Umzi Wethu students and enrols them into Shamwari’s internal training programme which includes Management Training, Mentorship Ranger programme and Ranger Field Guide Training as well as the Shamwari Conservation Experience.
Shamwari Game Reserve invests R60 000 every month on staff training such as formal educational and mentorship ranger training as the majority of the staff come from the surrounding communities and have not had the privilege of a formal education.
Shamwari contributes to the local Paterson community by also supplying the local orphanage, Isipho with food and has also assisted in creating herb and vegetablegardens which alsohelpsto build community spirit and a sense of pride. A sand pit for the children has also been created. Shamwari also recently donated bed linen and towels etc to the Colchester community.
“Conserving a Vanishing Way of Life“
This press release was distributed on behalf of our client, Shamwari Group