- Proflight Zambia- Business as Usual
- New Tanzanite Museum opens in Dar Es Salaam
- Tourvest East Africa Introduces Lemala Kuria Hills Camp Managers
- Kitela Lodge - Karatu, already open! !
- Volunteer at Samara – for an unforgettable African experience
- Dates Announced for Swaziland's Umhlanga Reed Dance
- Victoria Safari Lodge Unveils its Much Anticipated New Look
- Rob Caskie speaking on the South African Anglo Zulu Wars at the Royal Institute
- The Hemingways Collection's new website has launched.
- Safari interactive magazine readership soars
Shamwari Conservation Experience Hosted The Big Winter Sale
The Shamwari Conservation Experience programme at Shamwari Game Reserve, situated in the Eastern Cape near Port Elizabeth, recently hosted a Big Winter Sale of old clothes, books and clothes that were left behind by the volunteers who have attended the various conservation programmes over the past few months.
Posters were made prior to the sale to create awareness and items like clothes and books were also donated for the sale and were sold to the local community on the day. Close to R3, 000 was raised and blankets, heaters, hot water bottles and other winter necessities were bought with the money and donated to the local community.
Shamwari volunteers made a day of it by face painting with the local kids and at the end of the sale the kids each got a turn to be taken around town in the big Land Cruiser.
Shamwari Conservation Experience has also once again donated a substantial amount of linen, towels and duvet inners to one of itslocal charities, the Mary Coetzee Children's Home in Somerset East near Shamwari Game Reserve. Mariska Muller, one of Shamwari’s Spa Therapists hand deliveredthe items to the children’s home.
“Conserving a Vanishing Way of Life“
This press release has been distributed on behalf of our client Shamwari Group.