- Sanctuary Retreats - Online Availibility for ALL our camps now available.
- The First Sanbona Forever Wild Weekend @ Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
- Fly Uganda Announces New Rates
- Flights to Kigali
- Tour Organiser's Liability
- Africa’s First International Dark Sky Reserve
- Taking On the Zambia and DRC Air space
- Singita Appoints Nigel Pace to Manage its Kruger National Park Operations
- Porini launch direct flights to Porini Amboseli Camp
- Timeless Tusitiri Dhow now at Vamizi
Shamwari Game Reserve Cleans up local P.E Beach
Part of Shamwari Group, Shamwari Game Reserve situated in the Eastern Cape, recently helped to clean up the local Blue Water Bay Beach in Port Elizabeth as part of its ongoing support for the local community.
Shamwari Game Reserve’s game rangers joined forces to get involved in a different side of conservation and contributed to the preservation of the local marine environment. The rangers chose the Blue Water Bay Beach due to its condition and the fact that it’s a popular fishing spot and there was an enormous amount of fishing line found discarded, which is potentially harmful to the bird and marine life.
The Blue Water Bay community also got involved and helped the Shamwari rangers with the beach clean up including a father and his two young kids who helped to pick up rubbish. All refuse like plastic, broken glass and metal that was collected was sorted and recycled at the nearest recycling centre.
Not only did the Shamwari team rid the beach of rubbish but they also painted the concrete picnic tables and chairs in the parking lot to make the area look more inviting for everyone to enjoy. The paint was kindly sponsored by Neutron Paints in Port Elizabeth.
Comments Group General Manager, Joe Cloete:“By all working together we not only help the environment but ourselves. In this instance, with families getting involved, it helps to set an example for the younger generation and also puts pride back into the community whilst help saving our marine life.”
“Conserving a Vanishing Way of Life“
This press release has been distributed on behalf of our client Shamwari Group.
For further media information:
The P.R Team, Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: + 27 (0) 21 419 2390/1 - E: email@example.com