- Flightlink Proudly Presents Citation 560 for Medevac & VIP Charters
- Important Changes Within the C&P Portfolio
- Brand new house at Tongabezi
- New website for Footsteps in Africa, Botswana
- Classic Representation welcome new member CHEM CHEM (Tanzania)
- Gamewatchers Safaris launches new camp in Lake Nakuru
- Great Plains Conservation's Jouberts on CBS 60 Minutes
- Singita Mara River Tented Camp Opens in the Far Northern Serengeti
- New Sunset Villa!
- Safarilink announces new services
Tswalu's Executive Chef
We’re pleased to introduce Justin Pillay, Tswalu’s new executive chef who joined us on 8 October.
Justin brings with him a wealth of experience as a head chef and a fantastic reputation for fine dining.
A Capetonian by birth, Justin’s journey as a chef began with a year of study at the Elsa van der Nest Culinary Academy (TCA) where he obtained a diploma. In 2000 he joined the award-winning Buitenverwachting Restaurant in Constantia, Cape Town, where he spent the next 10 years learning the trade and being promoted up the ranks from Chef Trainee, to Chef de Partie Pastry, Chef Pastry & Garde Manager, Junior Sous Chef, Sous Chef and finally Head Chef for three years from 2008-2011.
During this period with Buitenverwachting he spent some time as an intern at two different 3-Michelin-Star restaurants in Germany.
In April 2011 he was appointed Head Chef of Zevenwacht Wine Farm in Kuils River, Cape Town.
At Tswalu, Justin will oversee the kitchens at The Motse and Tarkuni Private Villa.
I believe that Justin will take the dining experience at Tswalu to the next level and we are very excited to see his new menus. I’ve no doubt that he is going to stamp his influence on our many dining options, which include àla carte fine dining, wine pairing menus, boma evenings, dune dinners and safari picnics.
We are putting a lot of energy into creating an exceptional wining and dining experience at Tswalu. We’d like to be seen as a culinary destination, not just the ultimate safari experience with a world-class spa. In this regard we are delighted to have been awarded Platinum status by the coveted Diners Club Wine List Awards this year.