- Protea Hotel Select Emotan Opens In Benin City, Southern Nigeria
- Kenya Airways to commence flights to Livingstone
- Kenya Airways and Etihad Airways in Codeshare Deal to Enhance their Global Network Coverage
- Protea Hospitality Group Baristas Compete to Offer SA’s Best Coffee Experience
- Tanganyika Wilderness Camps - Maramboi Tented Camp
- &Beyond Translocates Six Rhino from Phinda to Botswana
- AirKenya Serves Olseki Airstrip, Masai Mara
- Flightlink's NON STOP Flight from SERONERA to ZANZIBAR
- Classics Welcomes Azura Retreats
- Marasa Africa appoints new general manager for the Aberdare Country Club in Kenya
Wayo Africa April guide trainingBy Wayo Africa
Wayo Africa is yet again conducting its popular guide training courses during April and May.
We will offer three different courses:
A maximum of only 20 students per group will be attending. All the instruction will be done by Sean Robertson. He is a FGASA level 3 and SKS big game walking instructor and evaluator. Sean will be assisted by Jean Du Plessis and Lana Byal.
This year the courses will be conducted from Tarangire Safari Lodge.
Guide refresher courses:
This course is aimed at guides who have been guiding for a few years and want to move to the next level. A basic knowledge of guiding skills will be helpful.
NEW! Experienced guide/ tour leader course:
This course is aimed at highly experienced guides who should already have a high level of knowledge. This course will focus on the finer aspects of guests interaction and guiding. We will spend a good amount of time on topics such as insects, plants and in-depth ethology but the bulk of the course will be spend on guests entertainment and intellectual interaction.
We will have various industry experts presenting on relevant concervation topics guests and groups generally find more informative than wildlife facts. We would like to ensure that these top end guides can accuratly communicate important concervation achivements and concerns to guests.
Guides wishing to join this course will be required to conduct a short test of competence. Guides will also be required to be 100% up to date with news and current affairs. We will train guides on intellectual “chit chat” and how to be a professional host besides a guide only, there will even be a short ‘acting’ class, many guest speakers etc.
Wilderness First Aid:
Sentinel Outdoor Institute will be conducting this three-day intensive wilderness first aid course designed for safaris guides. wwwsentineloutdoorinstitute.com
For more information please email email@example.com