31 May 2013
Norman Carr Safaris welcome the 2013 hosts
We would like to share a big welcome to the 6 new Norman Carr Safaris Assistant Bush Camp Managers who will be joining the team for the 2013 season!!
They all arrived safely a few weeks ago and have been out to visit the all of the bush camps to see the camp building process/progress! They are all now resident at their camp and have started welcoming their guests.
Finlay and Wendy Hunter - Chinzombo (Managers are Abraham and Shaddy)
• Scottish born and bred!
• Whilst on honeymoon in Hwange, Zimbabwe they were put in touch with Dave for the position at Chinzombo
• Plentiful amounts of experience in chalet hosting in France which we are sure will translate to hosting in the bush
• Read the reviews on TripAdvisor – looks like we have struck gold!! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g207359-d3782374-r158101279-Chalet_Jirishanca-Morzine_Avoriaz_Haute_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html#REVIEWS
Samir Tweshe (Sam) - Kakuli Bush Camp (Manager is Aubrey)
• Born in Kenya, nationality: Swiss-Kenyan
• Lived in Kenya for 16 years and travelled around the country and East Africa with his family
• Studied International Hotel and Events Management in the UK before going to the International Hotel Management Institute in Switzerland
• Has a special interest in food and has worked as a Chef de Rang in 2 hotels in Switzerland
• Speaks English, German, Swiss German, Swahili, French and Italian!
Tatum Amado – Nsolo Bush Camp (Manager is Innocent)
• Born in Belgium, nationality: Swiss/Belgian
• Went to Hotelschool in the Hague for 4 years
• Has had hotel experience in Greece, the Netherlands, Cyprus, Australia, London and Switzerland
• Has particular skills in Sales & Marketing
• Lots of front of house experience
• Speaks French, Dutch, English, German and a little bit of Spanish
Nikita des Tombe – Mchenja Bush Camp (Manager is Simon)
• Born and lives in Zimbabwe
• Went to Hotelschool The Hague for 4 years (and met Tatum)
• Has worked in the Maldives, The Netherlands and Cyprus
• Excellent front of house experience, with a special interest in housekeeping and training of housekeepers and reception staff
Lynie Pispisano – Luwi Bush Camp (Manger is Brian)
• Born in the Philippines, nationality Filipino
• Studied Mass Communications at university in Manila
• Charity work; has worked for Greenpeace in the Philippines and for the last 2 years for Katete District Women’s Development Association in Zambia.
• Special interest in food and cooking and has organized cook books to raise money in the UK and trained rural women in Zambia in the correct use of foodstuffs to maximize nutritional health
Below is a photo of them all at Big Bend on the way to Kakuli & Mchenja. From Left – Right we have Tatum (Nsolo), Sam (Kakuli), Fin & Wendy (Chinzombo), Lynie (Luwi) and Nikita (Mchenja).
To get to know the rest of the team please have a read through of our ‘Get to know the guides ‘ section on the website.
The whole team at Norman Carr Safaris is incredibly excited for the season and look forward to welcoming all of your guests! Please do get in touch if there are any special requirements, events or particular fancies of your guests and the team will do their best to accommodate.