- 5* Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa, Zanzibar reopens
- Alex Walker's Serian Welcomes Tanya Hammond
- Super Fast Fibre Optic Bandwidth For African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa
- Geocaching added to The Wetland Park Group’s extensive list of experiential activities
- Zambia's Protea Hotel Lusaka More Than Doubles Capacity To Service Demand
- Heli the Selinda Spillway
- What makes a good hotel web site?
- 8 essential elements of your online travel marketing strategy
- Kamili opens South Africa office for a joined-up representation service.
- Hand Picked Africa welcomes Nalepo Mara Camp to it's collection.
Kenya Airways tops Heathrow’s punctuality rankings
NAIROBI JULY 17, 2013– Kenya Airways had the most punctual flights that flew into and out of London Heathrow International Airport in the United Kingdom during the month of June 2013, latest statistics from the facility have indicated.
The airline emerged top in the ranking of punctuality of flights. All Kenya Airways’ flights departing from the airport were 100% punctual, while 83 per cent of those arriving were on time.
This is the best rank that the airline has attained over the last 12 months. The closest it has come to this during this period is the second position.
Kenya Airways’ Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Dr Titus Naikuni welcomed the achievement, stating that:
“At Kenya Airways, we are committed to ensuring that we deliver a world class experience to our guests while also that all their flights depart and arrive on time,” Dr. Naikuni added.
Overall, 71 per cent of arrivals by all airlines into London Heathrow International Airport were on time while 75 per cent of the departures were punctual.
The other African airlines in the Heathrow International Airport’s punctuality rankings include South African Airways at the 19thposition, Air Mauritius at 59th, Egypt Air at 67th, Ethiopian Airlines at 72nd, Air Algerie at 77th, Tunisair at 79thand Libyan Airlines at 80th.
On a daily basis, London Heathrow International Airport handles an average of 1,288 flights and 191,200 passengers. About 80 airlines fly into and out of the facility.
Kenya Airways flies seven times a week (one flight daily) between its hub at JIKIA in Nairobi and London’s Heathrow International Airport.