- &Beyond Announces Investment in East African Lodge
- Kenya Airways tops Heathrow’s punctuality rankings
- Sanctuary Swala now offers walking safaris
- 5* Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa, Zanzibar reopens
- Alex Walker's Serian Welcomes Tanya Hammond
- Super Fast Fibre Optic Bandwidth For African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa
- Geocaching added to The Wetland Park Group’s extensive list of experiential activities
- Zambia's Protea Hotel Lusaka More Than Doubles Capacity To Service Demand
- Heli the Selinda Spillway
- What makes a good hotel web site?
Sandton's Elegant Protea Hotel Balalaika Receives a Public Areas FaceliftBy Protea Hospitality Group
July 2013: The elegant Protea Hotel Balalaika in the heart of Sandton is undergoing a soft refurbishment of all the public areas that is to be completed by the end of August 2013.
There will be no structural alternations, so it’ll be business as usual at the hotel with no disturbance to Guests, says Danny Bryer, Director of Sales, Marketing and Revenue at the Protea Hospitality Group.
The refurbishment has begun with the banqueting facilities, then the reception area, the Lords Cigar Bar and public restrooms will be completed.
“There will be no dust or noise; the most intensive work will be changing wallpaper, furniture and carpeting,” says Bryer.
“The soft refurbishment coincides with the redevelopment of the adjacent Village Walk Shopping Centre. Once completed the new building with a floor space of 50 000 square metres will offer 40 000m2 of office space and 10 000m2 of retail. The retail component will include coffee shops and restaurants and the completion date of this development is expected to be at the end of 2015.”
Protea Hotel Balalaika Hotel has been open for 64 years and is one of the elegant mainstays of the Sandton area.
With 330 rooms and conferencing facilities for 300 people the hotel is in high demand, servicing thousands of companies that are based in the immediate vicinity and in the broader Johannesburg area.