- Livingstone Safaris and ITG (International Travel Group): The End of an Era
- African Safaris during the green season
- Azura Quilalea Private Island welcomes new management couple to the island
- Family Safaris at Muchenje
- What’s a camel worth?
- Protea Hospitality Group Showcasing New Properties at West Africa's Akwaaba Travel Market
- Travel Daily China launches in world’s fastest-growing travel market
- New Facility and activities at Karen Blixen Camp Masai Mara
- Elephant rescued from poacher’s snare
- Pel’s Fishing Owl Wows Guests at Pumulani
Governors Camp Collection opens a new clinic at Mara RiandaBy Governors' Camp
We are delighted to announce the opening on Friday 4 October 2013 of a new Health Centre at Mara Rianda just outside the Masai Mara National Reserve for our Masai community neighbours.
The construction of the Health Centre and the clinic fit out were funded by private UK donors. The organisation of the construction including fit out and provision of the infrastructure was carried out by The Mara Rianda Charitable Trust in conjunction with Governors Camp Collection.
The clinic was formally handed over to Community Health Partners Kenya (CHP) who will provide the medical staff and run the clinic. CHP offer accessible, affordable and quality healthcare for all people.
The health facility consists of a includes and internal waiting area, three consulting rooms, a dispensary pharmacy and three in patient wards of five beds each catering for male, female and paediatric patients.
CHP provides general outpatient care, antenatal & post natal care, well child clinic, family planning, HIV testing and counselling, laboratory services, HIV / Aids Care and treatment, integrated community outreach services, prevention of mother to child transmission, OVC care, TB care and management,nutrition and dietetics and water and sanitation advice.
This health facility will dramatically improve access to quality healthcare for the Masai community in the Mara Rianda area. The morning after the opening over 30 patients attended the outpatient clinic seeking medical help.
We are very proud to have been partners in this great venture and wish to thank everyone involved in the project.