- Proflight Zambia Welcomes Competition
- Incwala A Huge Success
- Movements at Pulse Africa
- Steppes Travel "Before they Pass" - An evening with acclaimed photographer Jimmy Nelson
- Mara Bushtops Spa takes "Wild luxury" to new heights
- Scientists call for critically endangered listing for West Africa’s lions
- New Grading System for Swaziland’s Accommodation
- Guide training courses in Tanzania - April and May 2014
- Zambezi Safari and Travel Co. launches in New York to serve North American Adventurers
- Three Cities Riverside Hotel & Spa closes 28 Rooms as the Grand Dame Undergoes Phase 2 of multi-million Rand refurb
South African Airways receives 4-Star Skytrax ranking for 12th year
South African Airways (SAA), the leading airline on the African continent, has been awarded the 4-Star Airline ranking for 2014 by Skytrax, the independent, global airline rating organisation, for the 12th year in a row.
SAA also remains the only carrier on the African continent to achieve this high level 4-Star Airline rating.
Providing Excellent Customer Service is one of five strategic objectives of SAA’s Long-Term Turnaround Strategy, named Gaining Altitude.
Skytrax is the leading, independent authority on airline quality and assessment, and completed quality audit checks with SAA examining in detail all product and service delivery areas across both international and domestic routes. The Skytrax Star ranking audit examines more than 800 areas of product and service delivery, across both airport operations and the cabin experience.
SAA’s 4-Star ranking signifies that the airline has achieved a good standard of product across all travel categories, with standards of staff service delivery in both the onboard and airport environments also being well ranked.
“The fact that we are still the only carrier on the African continent to have achieved the high level 4-Star airline rating demonstrates SAA’s continued consistent service delivery. We have worked hard to ensure this ranking and pride ourselves for providing our customers with the best service possible,” says Gary Kershaw, SAA UK’s Country Manager.
Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax said: “SAA has both maintained and improved quality levels throughout the past year, and continue to delivering world-class product and service standard to their customers, making their 4-Star ranking well-deserved.
“This 4-Star Ranking demonstrates that South African Airways passengers can look forward to a high quality of product and service. The Skytrax ranking provides an accurate and independent guide for travellers around the world, and the 4-Star Airline status is a most respected category. SAA has been ranked a 4-Star Airline for a number of years, and we are delighted to see them retain this status for 2014.”