- Serena Hotels’ Website now available in Chinese!
- The SAFARI Company is now a member of Ecotourism Kenya.
- Peace for the elephants
- Images of the extensive refurbishment and upgrade to Sanctuary Olonana
- Looking back on PURE 2013's cherished moments.
- 30th Lake Malawi Sailing Marathon
- How the engagement ring proves that we shouldn’t trade rhino horn
- 5 Reasons to visit Malawi
- Village & Life bids farewell to SAF3 crew
- Marriott Signs Definitive Agreements To Acquire Protea Hospitality Holdings
Zambia's new Protea Hotel Lusaka Tower to open in AprilBy Protea Hospitality Group
January 2013: Protea Hotels launches its fourth chic property in the Zambian capital Lusaka in April 2014 when the doors of the new Protea Hotel Lusaka Tower open.
The nine-storey, 137 room Protea Hotel Lusaka Tower is situated in the Arcades Shopping and Entertainment lifestyle hub opposite the Mulungushi Conference Centre.
Facilities in the elegant new property include four suites, 30 twin deluxe rooms, 103 king deluxe rooms, a swimming pool and a ninth floor restaurant and bar with expansive views over the surrounding city.
The hotel will also offer GUESTS and visitors two meeting rooms and three boardrooms rooms that will complement the conferencing facilities already available at the neighbouring Protea Hotel Lusaka, which can accommodate 80 delegates.
The decision to create a hotel in such close proximity to the Protea Hotel Lusaka was driven by demand for both accommodation and conferencing facilities, says Danny Bryer, Director of Sales, Marketing and Revenue for the Protea Hospitality Group.
“Lusaka is a vibrant capital from which much of the country’s economic growth prediction of more than 6% for 2014 will stem. It has become one of Africa’s top business centres and the investment in hospitality infrastructure reflects that,” says Bryer.
“Protea Hotels certainly expects to expand its Lusaka and Zambian footprint significantly in the next 5 years.”
The development of Protea Hotel Lusaka Tower is one of several builds across Africa under the Protea Hotels and African Pride Hotels banners, including hotels in two new countries – Rwanda and Ghana.