- Delta Air Lines Announces Enhanced Partnership with Kenya Airways
- #WhyILoveSaruni photo competition
- Star Alliance Officially Opens New Lounge At São Paulo – Guarulhos Airport Terminal 3
- Classic Portfolio expands in Tanzania
- Brighter days on the lake of stars
- The Safari Collection Introduces The First Ever Mobile Samburu Dental Clinic
- The Cheli & Peacock Community Trust and its partners treat over 500 patients in three days at Maasai Mara Medical Camp
- Stop Sales for Hideaway of Nungwi in October
- Three Cities Docklands undergoes refurbishment
- Mara Leisure Camp announces completion of Honeymoon Tent
Tanzanian TranquilityBy Kamili
Visit Momella Lakes and experience new Canoe Safaris from Hatari Lodge
In the north east part of Arusha National Park lies the area known as the Momella Lakes. Fringed by green hills, surrounded by the post-volcanic landscape, seven lakes nestle in the valleys. Their sodium rich content and the formation of algae make the lakes alkaline, causing them to be a popular feeding and resting area for flamingos. Arusha National Park is the only place in Tanzania where buffalo, water and bushbuck, hippos and a variety of waterfowl can be spotted by the lakes.
The most intense and dramatic way of exploring all of the lake’s diversity is on a brand new canoeing safari – a perfect alternative to the traditional game drive! You can canoe on the lakes for up to two hours, witnessing a 600 species strong bird community and a view of Mount Meru from the same spot.
You also get the chance to see hundreds of flamingos rising to the sky with their pink colour, followed by buffalo, buck, hippos and giraffe all taking to the watering hole. This fantastic experience is enjoyed from the luxury stable two-person canoes.
The day ends with a drive to the viewpoint - Boma la Megi, where you enjoy a sundowner with a magnificent view of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
This unique opportunity is just a short drive from Hatari Lodge.
For more information, images, rates and press trips please contact