- Ethos to represent Villa property in Franschhoek
- Lionesses Dream Ticket To Africa With Peter Andre To Wave Them Off At London Heathrow Onboard KQ New B787 Dreamliner Flight
- Jacada Travel and Botswana Tourism Raise £10,542.50 for Rhinos in Botswana
- The Naturally Africa Collection welcomes two new luxury eco-lodges
- Rhulani introduces Africology amenities & spa range
- Proflight cuts fares on removal of jet fuel duty
- Reminder - Madagascar Webinar in January and February 2015
- Exploring East Africa's coral reefs
- African Bush Camps on VAT in Zimbabwe
- Honour Way wishes you a very Happy New Year
Exciting News from Belmond Eagle Island Lodge, BotswanaBy Belmond
We are excited to share with you the news that Belmond Eagle Island Lodge has been selected to undergo a complete refurbishment and upgrade in 2015! This is a valuable and essential investment by Belmond in the lodge which promises to deliver even greater safari experiences when completed.
The closure of the lodge will commence on the 5th January 2015 and last for a 10 month period, with the expected opening date being the 1st November 2015.
When reopened in November 2015, Belmond Eagle Island Lodge will become our flagship luxury property in the Belmond Safaris portfolio, and promises to be an unparalleled experience for future guests visiting this much anticipated Belmond lodge!
Although still in the early stages of planning and implementation, we wanted to share some initial information on the refurbishment with you.
What will the refurbishment of Belmond Eagle Island Lodge entail?
The refurbishment will almost be a complete rebuild of Belmond Eagle Island Lodge, the only structures that will remain from the old lodge will be the room base structure, which in turn will be extended. The works will include a complete new main area, lounge, bar, library, curio shop and reception, as well as a brand new room design that will be placed on the current room base structures. In addition, the refurbishment will also include a brand new ‘back of house’ and staff village which will greatly benefit our loyal staff based at the lodge.
After the refurbishment is completed, how will the end product differ from Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge and Belmond Khwai River Lodge?
Our ambition is to create Belmond Eagle Island Lodge as our flagship safari lodge, and provide a superior quality lodge experience. The concept will be to anchor a complete Northern Botswana Safari experience around Belmond Eagle Island Lodge as a true luxury Okavango Delta water safari experience. Coupled together with our two strong game viewing safari lodges of Belmond Khwai River Lodge and Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge, each with their own unique location and experience, it will create an ideal safari circuit of Northern Botswana in consummate luxury with Belmond Safaris.