- Livingstone Island Re-opens
- Victoria Falls New International Airport Opening Countdown
- Grande Roche Hotel joins the Ethos portfolio
- Wildlife Conservation Hub to be Established in Victoria Falls
- New mobile friendly website
- Through a Land of Giants
- FGASA Training at Selous Safari Company: Raising the bar of Tanzanian Guiding
- Kinasi Lodge has launched a new website
- Ezulwini Lodges join Sun Destinations
- New Website
A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: So what is content marketing, in a nutshell?By Africa Geographic
TIP: Content marketing is the use of content to reach your target audience in order to yield defined business results (brand building and sales).
Further information about content marketing in a nutshell:
Content marketing is typically done via a strategically planned and executed strategy to produce and distribute content using a variety of your own and third party online platforms - including websites, social media platforms and newsletters. Like every other marketing strategy, content marketing involves organic and paid aspects.
Content marketing is a long-term strategy that is more cost-effective than conventional forms of marketing, builds longer-term relationships with customers and results in more visits over the long term to your online platforms.
Compared to more conventional marketing activities, content marketing utilises a higher degree of customisation / targeting and conversation with your target audience.
In other words, you don’t advertise and shout at your target audience, you share and discuss.
5 tips for better content marketing:
1. Collaborate with owners of large relevant and engaged audiences
2. It’s about quality, not quantity
3. Great pictures and video are important, even if you have a good story
4. When it comes to post length, less is more
5. Have a strategy, be consistent and evolve as you go.
Become a member of Africa Geographic's Content Marketing Kit here.