- Honour Way welcomes Kambaku to the collection
- 2015 Reed Dance Dates Confirmed
- Get Africa Geographic’s Coffee Table Book for your establishment!
- Busting the Sunscreen Myths
- Flights To Entebbe (EBB)
- Meet Herbert - Train Manager on "Africa's Leading Luxury train" ...
- Machangulo joins the Ethos Marketing portfolio
- It's not just Presidents that have their own private aircraft when visiting Kenya and Botswana
Uganda to hold global tourism showcaseBy Uganda Tourism Board
Uganda is to host a global tourism show piece to showcase its abundant natural blessings to the world.
The Uganda International Tourism Expo will be held in November and will feature as one of the key events to the run up to the much anticipated visit of the pope in late November 2015.
Stephen Asiimwe, the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) chief executive said the event will also be significant because top global destination marketing firms will attend and have their first appreciation of marketing Uganda.
Uganda is considered as one of the most gifted global destinations but has been undersold for decades.
“We expect to conclude the process of signing the Destination Marketing Companies (DMCs) by end of August,” noted Asiimwe.
The Destination Marketing Companies will market Uganda’s pristine destination to the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada and Germany as a starting point.
The expo will be climaxed with an awards ceremony to celebrate excellence in the tourism value chain.
President Yoweri Museveni is expected to attend the awards night.