- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Prompt your guests to engage with you socially
- Private Safaris celebrates successful Guide Academy
- The Cape Winelands with a difference
- 7 reasons to visit Madagascar between November and January
- Victoria Falls Will Not Dry Up!
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Be clever with your WiFi password
- Golden monkeys in the Volcanoes – Rwanda Safaris
- SATIB Insurance Brokers will see you at MKTE 2015
- Real Africa raises over £8,500 for Save The Elephants at 15th Anniversary event with Saba Douglas-Hamilton at the RGS
- Record $30,000 Raised to Fight Poaching in Victoria Falls
Great Lakes Safaris invites international football legends to UgandaBy Great Lakes Safaris
It all started with a meeting with former FC Barcelona player Rayco García. During his stay in Kampala Amos Wekesa, CEO Great Lakes Safaris, had the opportunity to discuss the possibilities of starting a football academy in Uganda, giving the Ugandan youth a chance to develop their talents, and to market Uganda as an unparalleled tourism destination.
Words were put directly into actions when Dutch football legend and former team member Patrick Kluivert quickly joined them to be part of the initiative. “In the short time that I have been here, I have no doubt that Uganda is one of the most beautiful countries in the world,” Kluivert said.
The duo was introduced by Amos Wekesa to a number of authorities, including President Yoweri Museveni who instantly offered his support to realize their plans.
Not only Amos made the news in his home country, but also received great media coverage in Spain. During his visit to Barcelona and Madrid, he was able to attend private training sessions and meet one to one with other football stars such as Andres Iniesta, Luis Garcia and Leo Messi.
This week, the story continues with the arrival from another football legend in Uganda: Edgar Davids. The Dutchman is looking forward to the upcoming December 5th match between the Ugandan Cranes and Barcelona legends and will be helping his former colleague realizing his dream to establish the Rayco García Football Academy.