- Great Plains announce opening of Duba Expedition Camp
- Imvelo Safari Lodges in Zimbabwe adds luxury tented extension at Gorges Lodge
- Mahali Mzuri has joined forces with Finch Hattons for 2016, Flying Safari
- Jouberts to talk about elephant plight on Ellen Show
- Painted Wolf Wines track down Brendan Whittington-Jones
- Another Poached Rhino Arrives at HESC
- Tanzania Airport Authority Receives New General Director
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Visual content should be your focus for 2016
- 22 Rothschild's giraffes move south of Murchison Falls National Park
- Introducing Mawimbi Villa - The Tides Villa, Tanzania
Airlink returns to NOSY Be – MadagascarBy Airlink
Airlink is pleased to announce the re-introduction of air-services between Johannesburg and Nosy Be commencing Sunday 20 March 2016.
Flights will operate weekly with a single return flight on Sundays. Initially the service will be on one of Airlink’s fleet of 18 Embraer ERJ 135 regional jet aircraft, and as soon as demand justifies, one of Airlink’s fleet of 12 Avro RJ85 whisper quad jets will be deployed to provide the service.
Seats will be made available in the agency Global Distribution Systems (GDS). The flight will depart on Sundays at 09h30 from Johannesburg ORTIA and arrive at Nosy Be at 14h00 (Malagasy time). The return flight will depart Nosy Be at 14h45 and arrive in Johannesburg at 18h45 SA Time. Due to the flight duration and prevailing headwinds the aircraft will perform an en-route technical fuel-stop in Vilanculos - Mozambique on route from Nosy Be to ORTIA to refuel. Departure and arrival times at ORTIA have been timed to connect with domestic, regional and international connecting flights.
Nosy Be boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the Indian Ocean, lined with coconut palms and caressed by turquoise waters. Sea lovers will indulge in their passions of, world-class scuba diving and snorkelling, sport fishing, cruising on a fully crewed catamaran and sea kayaking. As the climate is mild, the sea is always relatively calm, winds are moderate, and the service providers passionate and professional. Nosy Be offers travellers a taste of everything Malagasy, such as the endangered and unique lemurs, chameleons, pristine national parks and marine reserves, local rum and delicious seafood, beaches and activities.
A visit to Nosy Be does not restrict you to one destination, being part of an Archipelago one is able to take day-trips or longer charters to be able to enjoy the multiple smaller islands and bays in the area.
This new direct flight will provide ease of access for South African travellers and travellers throughout the world making use of ORTIA connectivity. Nosy Be is set to become a unique travel destination. Benefits for Airlink travellers include Voyager Miles, convenient connections with SAA and its partner flights. Book your flight with your booking agent or SAA Central Reservations on +27 11 978 1111. Travelers also have the freedom to book flights online, visit www.flyairlink.com