- Jouberts to talk about elephant plight on Ellen Show
- Painted Wolf Wines track down Brendan Whittington-Jones
- Another Poached Rhino Arrives at HESC
- Tanzania Airport Authority Receives New General Director
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Visual content should be your focus for 2016
- 22 Rothschild's giraffes move south of Murchison Falls National Park
- Introducing Mawimbi Villa - The Tides Villa, Tanzania
- Uganda hires PR agencies in source markets
- Kruger Addicts
- Vamizi Island announces new partnership with andBeyond
Imvelo Safari Lodges in Zimbabwe adds luxury tented extension at Gorges LodgeBy Imvelo Safari Lodges
Perched on the edge of Batoka Gorge, with awesome views of the Zambezi River 250 metres below, and across into Zambia, Little Gorges is the latest addition to Imvelo Safari Lodges’ portfolio of spectacular, remote and exclusive destinations.
Little Gorges overlooks the dramatic junction of the Dibu Dibu River and the Zambezi, where black eagles and lanner falcons nest in the sheer cliff faces. Little Gorges has five tented bedrooms and a stone-under-thatch central dining and entertainment area where guests can relax with a cold drink from the bar. Guests can also make use of the swimming pool and WiFi at the main Gorges Lodge. The bedrooms are under canvas on platforms made from steel with a wooden deck. Bedrooms are spacious with 60 square metres of living and veranda space. Bathrooms are cut back into the terrain, constructed from brick under canvas.
Four rooms have twin double beds and the fifth a king bed, under mosquito nets, with mini bar fridge, fans, hairdryers and all the other amenities currently offered at Gorges Lodge. The bathrooms have a spacious shower, twin basins and separate toilet. Furnishings maximise use of local materials, including the splendid deep red wood of the indigenous Zambezi teak.
Little Gorges is a 30 minute transfer by road from Victoria Falls town, with all its attractions of shopping, restaurants and activities, as well as the Falls themselves - a walk through the rain forest is an essential experience for every visitor! Little Gorges will be line priced with main Gorges Lodge in 2016 and guests will be able to partake in all the same activities too, ensuring all our guests leave having enjoyed the same excellent standards and once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Gorges is famous for its spectacular views, described by some as the best in Southern Africa, and we look forward to continuing to share this with our guests from our fabulous new tented extension this year.