- Uganda safe, no Zika says Ministry of Health
- Important Improvements to Buffalo Luxury Camp for the 2016/2017 season
- Equatorial Guinea’s Luxurious Grand Hotel
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Harness stories from your staff and guests
- Jenman African Safaris Introduces Grow Africa Initiative
- New Cultural Activity at Manafiafy Beach & Rainforest Lodge
- Celebrating #Zulu200
- Life jackets donated to fishermen at Manafiafy Beach & Rainforest Lodge
- Victoria Falls River Lodge is proud to introduce Toa Spa
- Selous: A Long Way From Anywhere
Selous flights close gap in Auric Air’s safari circuitBy Auric Air Services
When Auric Air will add the Selous Game Reserve to its safari and beach destinations will one of the last gaps in their route network finally be closed.
Effective 01st of June will this private Tanzanian airline with the arguably widest scheduled network across East Africa’s largest country begin to fly their Cessna C208B Grand Caravan’s from Dar es Salaam and also from Zanzibar to any of the Selous airstrips.
The announcement of Selous flights being launched in June comes just days after the airline published their new schedule from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar. There another scheduled flight has been added, leaving DAR at 17.25hrs and returning from ZNZ at 17.55hrs, landing back in Dar es Salaam at last light. This brings Auric’s flights to six a day.
The additional Zanzibar service followed hot on the heels of another flight to each Iringa and Songea since the 20th of January, both services operating on Wednesdays. Iringa is now connected 10 times a week while Songea flights are up to 5 per week, all operated by Grand Caravans.
With operational bases in Mwanza, Arusha Municipal Field and Dar es Salaam is Auric able to link tourists flying into Dar es Salaam or Mwanza to the country’s best known national parks like the Serengeti.