- Rhino Africa Launches First-Of-Its-Kind Mobile Video Series to Inform and Inspire African Travellers
- Honour Way Zambia & Malawi June 2016
- Small World Marketing to represent Kibran Tours in the UK
- Extraordinary showcases in August
- ResRequest & Tourplan integration launched
- Alex Walker's Serian LADYBUGS
- Unsung Conservation Heroes
- Malawi makes history in support of elephant conservation
- Ahead of Launching Two New Books, Big Cat People Jonathan and Angela Scott Discuss Their Passion for Conservation and the Maasai Mara
- Bwindi Jungle Lodge 1st Jungle Music Festival
New Rapid Test to Combat Travellers' DiarrhoeaBy Fleet Street Clinic
Millions of travellers are afflicted with Travellers’ Diarrhoea every year - resulting in misery, unpleasant health effects, disrupted holidays and travel arrangements, and unanticipated visits to doctors and hospitals abroad.
Viruses, bacteria or parasites can each cause similar symptoms but require different approaches. Pinpointing the exact cause – rather than just making an educated guess – is the key to successful treatment, especially if a first attempt at treatment has already failed. Traditional lab tests (microscopy, culture) can take days to yield useful results. New PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) technology is an innovative way of detecting the tiniest traces of genetic material from the viruses, bacteria, and parasites that cause infection. But until now, a full laboratory setting has been needed, so PCR tests still take days to turn around – often leading to significant delays in starting the correct treatment.
Now there’s a new, high tech, rapid diagnostic test. It is so quick and reliable that it opens up entirely new prospects for finding and treating the cause - while avoiding incorrect treatments when they aren’t needed.
The Fleet Street Clinic is the first travel clinic in the UK to bring Rapid PCR testing for Travellers’ Diarrhoea out of the laboratory and into the consulting room. We can now pinpoint the exact cause of symptoms in returning travellers in just 65 minutes, and start treatment right away. For the first time, we can also help our travellers while they are still abroad - because it is often a simple matter to send home the tiny samples needed for accurate diagnosis.
This innovative development gives a glimpse of the future - with sophisticated diagnostic testing at the point of care.
Dr Richard Dawood – 07949574699
Fleet Street Clinic
29 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AA