- Good Gnus
- The Flourishing Footprint of African Bush Camps
- KQ increases frequency to Europe for summer 2017
- Your first call in a crisis
- New Hideaways Website Looks to Promote Zimbabwe as an Eco Destination
- Responsible Tourism
- Tshirts to help secure a future for elephants
- The Gift Of Crystal Glassware - Beautifully Hand-Engraved In Time For Christmas
- New! Multi-sport safari in Tanzania
- Kasese and Western Uganda open and welcoming tourists this Christmas season
Coastal Aviation plans a new Ruaha flight and the FAST classBy Coastal Aviation
For many years we have been the pioneers of air services to Ruaha. We have provided direct flights from Dar es Salaam, flights from Dar es Salaam via the Selous Game Reserve and flights from Ruaha via Dodoma and Tarangire to Arusha. We have used many types of aircraft to try to find the best-fit solution.
Whilst we have been very successful linking Dar to Selous, Ruaha and back, we have been less successful linking Ruaha with the Northern Safari Circuit.
We are delighted to announce a new series of flights that will commence operations on 1st June 2017.
These flights will be daily and operated by our 9 seat Pilatus PC12 (fast and pressurised) aircraft.
- Flight CQ500 Depart Arusha at 08:15 - Arrive "Migration Capital" at 09:00
- Flight CQ550 Depart "Migration Capital" at 09:30 - Arrive Seronera at 09:45 (Fuel stop and pax pickup)
- Depart Seronera at 10:00 - Arrive Ruaha at 11:30
- Flight CQ560 Depart Ruaha at 12:00 - Arrive Zanzibar at 13:15
- Depart Zanzibar at 13:30 - Arrive Dar es Salaam at 13:45
- Flight CQ137 Depart Dar es Salaam at 16:30 - Arrive Arusha at 17:40
"Migration Capital" is Grumeti for June, Kogatende from 1 July to 30 November and Ndutu from 1 December to 15 March.
These flights will not operate from 16 March to 31 May each year.
This flight series will have many benefits:
- FAST non-stop morning flights to Migration Capital
- FAST connections from Serengeti to Ruaha
- FAST direct connections to Zanzibar from Ruaha
- FAST connections to Selous from the Serengeti (plane change to Caravan in Ruaha). This is a saving of 4 hours over the current routeing.
- FAST connections from Serengeti to Zanzibar (via Ruaha, but still faster and fewer stops than the Caravan.
- FAST evening flights from Dar es Salaam DIRECT to Arusha.
By increasing the efficiency of this operation, we are able to significantly reduce the cost of flights from the Serengeti to Ruaha. We will provide connections from Arusha and Lake Manyara to the Ruaha flight.
The current flight series CQ511, 512, 513 and 514 will be discontinued on 15 March 2017.
We have decided to rebrand all PC12 flights from First Class to FAST Class this best depicts the nature of the flight. The Fast Class flights provide fast, more direct (many fewer stops) and smoother flights in Pilatus PC12 Aircraft. Whilst FAST class is not available from and to all destinations, it is our intention to increase these services in the future.