- Happy Christmas from The Safari Collection
- Coastal Aviation plans a new Ruaha flight and the FAST class
- Ethiopian will Start Direct and non-stop Services to Singapore
- 3e Actuaries OPEN Golf 2016 Road To Mongomo
- Good Gnus
- The Flourishing Footprint of African Bush Camps
- KQ increases frequency to Europe for summer 2017
- Your first call in a crisis
- New Hideaways Website Looks to Promote Zimbabwe as an Eco Destination
- Responsible Tourism
Uganda tourism gets new online properties for promotion in EuropeBy Uganda Tourism Board
The Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) introduces new online properties for the promotion of Uganda’s tourism industry with the launch of English and German language websites.
The two sites ugandaresources.com and visituganda.de are being managed by the public relations and marketing firms Kamageo (UK & Ireland) and KPRN (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) to provide information on Uganda to the respective markets. These sites compliment visituganda.com the official tourism promotion site for Uganda.
Stephen Asiimwe, the Chief Executive Officer of UTB says the sites are a great and positive resource for both Ugandan and international firms interested in promoting our tourism.
“The websites have relevant information focused on the specific markets, and in the case of German speaking Europe, a language of the market,” Asiimwe says. “This fills the language and local angle that is absent with the global website.”
Asiimwe urges domestic tourism operators to take advantage of the content on the sites in their marketing and promotion campaigns. The sites provide inspiration and information to future travellers.
Meanwhile, yesterday, Hon. Godfrey Kiwanda, the State Minister for Tourism officially launched the Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo (POATE) that is to run from 17-19 February 2017. Information on the expo is available on visituganda.com/poate. Follow POATE updates online with the hash tag #POATE2017.