- Kicking back in Mauritius
- Auric Air announces added frequencies to SELOUS Game Reserve and Zanzibar effective 01 February 2017
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Make the most of the festive season with themed posts
- Digital Tourism Seminar in Nairobi on the 9th and 10th of February 2017
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Are you using Instagram to engage with your followers?
- Shawu, the little orphan baby elephant
- Ethos adds Lalibela to its PR portfolio
- Fabulous Food and Wine
- Jenman African Safaris appoints new CEO
A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Spend more time with your loved ones this festive season by scheduling your posts.By Africa Geographic
TIP: Discover the joys of scheduled posts and spend more time with your loved ones this Christmas!
Don't waste time behind your computer screen this festive season, rather prepare all your content in advance and schedule it onto your social media platforms so that they're working when you don't have to!
We use hootsuite as our main scheduling platform as it allows us to schedule across all of our social media channels, but you can also schedule your posts directly onto Facebook! It's easy - just follow these steps:
1) Go onto your Facebook page and write your post as you normally would. You can attach photos, add links, add YouTube videos, add tags to other pages and events or just include regular text.
2) In the lower-left corner of your post, click on the clock symbol. You can now add the year, month, day and time you want the post to go out.
3) Notice that you can also backdate your posts to supplement your timeline if you wish.
You can schedule your post up to 6 months in the future (more months are shown, but if you select more than 6 months out, Facebook won’t accept it). You can schedule the minutes at 00-, 10-, 20-, 30-, 40- or 50-minute marks of the hour. So if you need a post to go out specifically at 2:15 pm, you cannot set it.
Check out The Social Media Examiner for more useful tips on how to make your festive season that much more enjoyable!
Become a member of Africa Geographic's Content Marketing Kit here.