- Spirit of Sibella the cheetah lives on with the birth of grand-cubs
- Doing Good and Leaving our Legacy in Africa
- AirKenya serves Loisaba, Laikipia, Kenya with daily flights
- Step Back in Time with the Zu/’Hoasi Bushmen of Botswana
- Wilderness Safaris Announces Bisate Lodge GMs
- Great Plains Conservation opens first permanent stables in the Maasai Mara
- Africa's Gold, Celebrating Lions
- Safarilink Departure Lounge
- Wilderness First Responder Training Course
- So You’ve Heard of the Great Migration… but what about the Zebra Migration?
Removal of Therapeutic Oxygen on Short-haul Flights
British Airways will no longer be providing therapeutic oxygen on short-haul flights departing on or after 1st February 2018. This also includes short-haul segments connecting to and from long-haul flights.
Customers requiring therapeutic oxygen on short-haul flights will be required to make their own provisions for all short-haul segments of their itinerary.
Advice for customers
Accepted oxygen provisions are outlined on the ba.com Travel Assistance pages: www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-assistance/medical-conditions-and-pregnancy
Customers must obtain medical clearance for approval of their own therapeutic oxygen provisions.Medical forms should be submitted to the medical clearance team at least 7 days prior to departure.
For more information please refer to ba.com
Will Therapeutic Oxygen still be available on long-haul flights?
Yes, British Airways will continue to provide therapeutic oxygen on board long-haul flights, free of charge. To request this service customers should follow the existing process.
If customers are connecting to/from a short-haul flight they will need to make their own oxygen provision for all short-haul segments of their itinerary.
What if my outbound flight is prior to 1st February 2018 however the inbound flight falls after this date?
This change is effective on all short-haul flights departing on or after 1st February 2018. Customers departing prior to this date may continue to request therapeutic oxygen, providing their return date is before 1st February 2018. Customers returning on short-haul flights on or after this date will need to make their own oxygen provision for their return journey.
How do I contact the British Airways Passenger Medical Clearance Unit
For more information on medical clearance or the provision of therapeutic oxygen customers should be directed to the British Airways Passenger Medical Clearance Unit:
Phone:020 8738 5444 or Email: email@example.com