- Wildebeest Calving Season Begins
- A further reminder regarding through check-in when customers are travelling on separate tickets
- Kenya Wildlife Service declares a 'non-cash' Park entry fees
- Join us in creating a safer environment for gorillas
- Changes to UK credit card fees - update
- Saruni Rhino opens today!
- Zanzibar's first Design Hotel - Zuri Zanzibar
- Ugandan mountain gorilla in London's Trafalgar Square
- Extra account manager at Kamageo
- Super Natural South Luangwa
Uganda enjoys £1.125m media exposure in one weekendBy Kamageo
Uganda Tourism received a major boost in its effort to increase numbers from the UK, via £1,125,000 worth of positive media exposure last week, generated by Africa destination marketing experts, Kamageo.
With an animatronic (and very lifelike) gorilla exploring Trafalgar Square; making four live appearances on national TV; and then entertaining the crowds at Destinations Travel Show, Uganda was everywhere.
On screen, Uganda’s gorilla captivated audiences on both SkyNews and on ITV's Good Morning Britain. Both channels reach around 2.9m UK viewers.
Uganda also benefitted from features either in print or online from the Evening Standard, Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Times, i (Independent), Daily Express, MSN, AOL, BT and OK!, as well as regional titles.
Yahoo’s homepage saw 529,000 views of our video; SkyNews video online had 143,000 views whilst half a dozen other Facebook and Twitter feeds registered over 35,000 views each. In all, over 808,000 watched footage.
At the consumer travel show, almost all exhibitors in the Africa section reported significant increases in Uganda enquiries including Atta members: Africa Exclusive, Zambezi Safaris, Real Africa, Rainbow Tours and Wild Frontiers. Titan Travel reported their entire Uganda programme for 2018 was now sold out.
Tim Henshall, MD of Kamageo, said “This campaign is really building momentum. In these 9 months, trade support has been magnificent and almost every major travel-related publication has visited and written about Uganda, so consumer interest is at an all time high”.
Kamageo has a comprehensive support package for tour operators looking to increase their Uganda business, including both office-based and online training; educational trips and joint marketing initiatives. For more information contact Account Director, Kirstine Vercoe via email@example.com