- Upclose with 12 of Africa's threatened species
- Authentic Experiences Key To Securing Millennial Bookings
- Cumbre / Summit CEMAC held at the Grand Hotel Djibloho 7 to 17 February 2017
- First road cycling holidays to Ethiopia launched
- Endangered Bird of Prey Thriving in South Africa's Great Karoo
- Cashless payment at LHR, LGW and North America airports
- Tourism from US and Canada continues to grow as more North Americans visit Uganda
- 80,000 More Tourists a Year Could Soon Fly Into Victoria Falls
- Born Free: 50 Years On
- Latest issue of Travel Africa Extra out now
Celebrating 25 years of Exceptional Journeys with The HideBy The Hide Safaris
When Tom and Lorraine Preston first stood on the site that would later become one of Zimbabwe’s most awarded safari camps, they looked down across the golden-grassed vlei line and saw a herd of elephants approaching, their heaving shapes dark against the setting sun. Perhaps, one day, Tom thought, those same elephants – and generations more – would make their way towards the natural waterhole just in front of his dream, The Hide Safari Camp.
In celebration of 25 years of exceptional journeys, The Hide Safari Camp is planning various exciting events throughout the year, not least of which is a commemorative safari journey for repeat guests and the launch of a specially selected wine, which will be available to guests from the underground cellar. Look out, also, for the release of a nostalgic collection of photographs that tell their own stories from over the years.
In addition, The Hide will look back on some of its favourite memories through the contributions of stories and anecdotes they hope to collect from staff, past guests and supporters of The Hide. Each of these will be shared, filling out a fantastic and fascinating history, but most of all reminding us why guests always leave The Hide not as clients, but as a member of the family.
2017, 25 years on… It’s going to be an exciting year – and the ultimate tribute to the enterprising, charismatic man who first stood on that wild land and saw extraordinary possibilities.
Read our full 25th blog here: https://goo.gl/oD5owC