- Safari Magazine Edition 31 out now
- The Life of David Livingstone – A Captivating Victoria Falls Experience
- R.I.P Satao 2
- Celebrating 25 years of Exceptional Journeys with The Hide
- Uganda all set for IAAF international Cross Country Championship
- Upclose with 12 of Africa's threatened species
- Authentic Experiences Key To Securing Millennial Bookings
- Cumbre / Summit CEMAC held at the Grand Hotel Djibloho 7 to 17 February 2017
- First road cycling holidays to Ethiopia launched
- Endangered Bird of Prey Thriving in South Africa's Great Karoo
Samara Private Game Reserve introduces the Funny FiveBy Samara Private Game Reserve
African safaris have become synonymous with the Big Five – Lion, Elephant, Black Rhino, Cape Buffalo and Leopard – the collection of animals deemed most desirable to spot on a game drive.
The Funny Five have been chosen for their quirky disposition, unusual looks and sometimes hilarious behaviour. We have made sure to pick animals whose nature, diet and habits pose a minimal amount of danger in approaching and tracking them on foot (always with trained guides) so that kids can have a safe and enjoyable safari experience. We have also chosen species that live across sub-Saharan Africa, so as not to restrict the list to specific wildlife found only at Samara or in the Karoo.
Watch the video here of the chosen animals, The Giraffe, The Warthog, The Wildebeest, The Monkey and The Aardvark.