- Tourism Development Levy
- Zakouma National Park: Raw Africa
- Segera Announces New Artist in Residence
- Severin Sea Lodge and Severin Safari at KILIFAIR 2017
- Jungle Festival - 2nd Edition
- Wilderness Safaris Launches Star Bed at Linkwasha
- Auric Air will be exhibiting at KILIFAIR 2017
- New Film - Lewa Wilderness
- Coastal Aviation's Selous flights update
- Speke's Camp - New Images & Video
Hon Migereko heads 3rd Board of Directors of the Uganda Tourism BoardBy Uganda Tourism Board
The Minister of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities Hon. Prof. Ephraim Kamuntu has inaugurated the third 10-member Board of Directors of the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB). It will be headed by veteran politician and public servant Hon. Daudi Migereko.
Hon. Migereko replaces Mr. James Tumusiime as Board Chairman, whose team served till 2016. The new board members are:
1. Hon. Daudi Migereko (Chairman)
2. Mr. James Lutalo who is also the Director Tourism at Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities.
3. Ms. Zeridah Zigiti from the Ministry of Finance.
4. Ms Edith Kateme Kasajja from the National Planning Authority (NPA).
5. Mr. Tom David Wasswa from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
6. Mr. Sabila Mongea Chemonges from the Uganda Wildlife Authorityn (UWA)
7. Mr. Eddy Kirya, from the Association of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO).
8. Susan Kabonero Muhwezi representing the Uganda Hotel Owners Association (UHOA).
9. Prof. Dr. Suleiman Katende from Uganda Tourism Association (UTA- the apex body of tourism associations).
10. Mamo Yewagnesh Biriggwa who represents the aviation sector.
11. Mr. Stephen Asiimwe, the UTB CEO is an Ex-Officio of the board.
UTB Board Chairman, Hon. Migereko is a graduate of Makerere University (BA with Diploma in Education), and University of California (MA in Transport Planning & Marketing). As board chairman he brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience from private and public service that spans over 30 years.
“All our new Board members embody the tourism spirit and bring talent, knowledge and vigor to the table. We are glad to have them join the team and we are grateful to the outgoing board for their relentless efforts to develop and promote the country’s tourism” says Steven Asiimwe, CEO Uganda Tourism Board.
Hon Migereko in his acceptance speech said the new board would work hard and with everyone to ensure UTB delivers on Uganda’s national plan to attain middle status.
“We shall work and work hard with everyone so together we deliver on Uganda gaining the middle status,” Hon. Migereko said. “These things don’t work by accident. Everybody must work together for us to achieve this.”
The new Board of Directors is serving a three year term.