- Affordable and private Okavango – Sable Alley now open!
- Magical Mahale: Meetings with chimps
- Savute Secrets
- Tanzania-Experience celebrates its 10-year anniversary!
- A Route Change and No Rate Changes for Popular Botswana Tours in 2018
- Intimate Places embraces the "Throttle the Bottle" initiative
- Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates State-Of-The-Art Cargo Terminal-II
- Camp Jabulani launches interactive, evolved elephant experience with a strong conservation ethos remaining central to all activities
- Bush and Beyond is Excited to Launch our Brand New Video
- HerdTracker: Crowd-sourcing the great migration
Nigeria’s online travel agency Wakanow launches in KenyaBy Wakanow.com UK
Africa’s leading online travel agency, Wakanow Ltd has formally announced its entry into the East African travel market, a move that will bring its innovative travel offerings to the regional traveler.
The exclusive launch event which was attended by key regional travel trade stakeholders including airlines, hotels, travel agents and representatives of tourism bodies also witnessed the unveiling of the localized wakanow.co.ke travel portal.
Speaking during the occasion, Mr. Obinna Ekezie the Founder and Group Managing Director of Wakanow Ltd stated that the East African market remains a vital link in the African travel industry both as a vibrant inbound and outbound source of traffic.
“I am particularly delighted at the prospect of bringing our travel expertise tailored for the African traveler to East Africa. From our humble beginnings in Nigeria eight years ago, we have become the best at what we do. Karibu and let’s grow the African travel industry together”, added Mr. Ekezie.
While lauding the decision taken by Wakanow to open a regional office in Kenya, the Chief Executive Officer of Kenya Tourism Board Dr. Betty Radier underlined the need to grow tourism numbers into Africa and promote intra-Africa travel.
“This is a commendable move by Wakanow. The Pay Kidogo Kidogo service will certainly be attractive for many in the region who want to plan their vacation over time”, commented Dr. Radier.
As part of its services portfolio, Wakanow pioneered “Pay Small Small” travel installment payment scheme which has recorded huge success in other markets.