- Monochrome Magic
- Africa Albida introduces 24-hour reservations
- Threatened industrial action by Mixed Fleet Unite – 16-30AUG
- Malawi Leads the Way in Animal Conservation
- Immigration delays
- Swaziland's Reed Dance Dates Announced
- Unite strikes - industrial action (2-15 August)
- Refreshed & Renewed
- Kruger Elephants: Giants of the future
- UK Media Takes a London Version of Zambia's Legendary Walking Safaris
Celebrating 50 years of Mountain Gorilla Conservation and 20 years of Volcanoes SafarisBy Volcanoes Safaris
2017 marks important landmarks for mountain gorilla conservation and tourism.
In 1967 - 50 years ago Dr. Dian Fossey set up the Karisoke Research Center high up in the Virunga volcanoes, the first permanent mountain gorilla research center. Karisoke continues to be leading centre for gorilla protection and research with 100-plus field staff who work to protect the gorillas.
In 1997 - 20 years ago Praveen Moman set up Volcanoes Safaris in Uganda and Rwanda and pioneered the development of sustainable gorilla and chimpanzee tourism. In 2004, he built the award-winning Virunga Lodge facing the Karisoke Center, the first gorilla lodge to be built in Rwanda by an international company after the war.
‘Into the Virungas' gives an overview of the work of Volcanoes Safaris in the Virungas.
In March 2017 Volcanoes Safaris paid homage to the unique contribution of Dian Fossey, other conservationists and explorers of the Virunga volcanoes by opening the Dian Fossey Map Room at Virunga Lodge and setting up a permanent exhibition.