- Ethiopian Retrofitted its B767-300 Fleet with Flat Bed Seats and Wifi IFE
- Pangolin Photo safaris scales up with new camp in The Delta
- Lusaka City Tours arranged by MTT Zambia LTD
- Celebrating 50 years of Mountain Gorilla Conservation and 20 years of Volcanoes Safaris
- Monochrome Magic
- Africa Albida introduces 24-hour reservations
- Threatened industrial action by Mixed Fleet Unite – 16-30AUG
- Malawi Leads the Way in Animal Conservation
- Immigration delays
- Swaziland's Reed Dance Dates Announced
Roho ya Selous – Asilia’s newest impact investment
Roho ya Selous, in the UNESCO world heritage site of Selous Game Reserve in southern Tanzania, is the latest addition to the Asilia stable of ecotourism camps.
What is impact investing?
Impact investing is a very specific type of investing. It occurs across all types of asset classes. Its basic premise is to have a positive impact on society and the environment. It can also be thought of as sustainable philanthropy.
Operating 18 camps in East Africa, Asilia’s vision is to turn vulnerable ecosystems into viable conservation economies.
Walking the talk
A number of turnaround stories bear testament to Asilia’s vision.
The establishment of Sayari as a semi-permanent camp in an area that was overrun by bushmeat poachers, and as a result was devoid of tourists, was pivotal to the northern Serengeti’s turnaround.
Asilia’s model of tourism employs large numbers of rural dwellers where few other opportunities exist.
For more information on our partners and their projects please go to: Asiliagiving.org.
Situated on a hill overlooking a key waterway in the heart of the Selous Game Reserve, Roho has eight private en suite tents, including a family tent. Activities in this diverse landscape of swamps, river and lakes are game drives, walking, boating and fishing on a catch-and-release basis.