- Sarova Hotels to attend ITB
- Update : Kirstine Vercoe, African Bush Camps, Ker & Downey Botswana
- Nyiragongo: One of the world's largest and rarest lava lakes
- Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge Guests Helping To Make the World a Little Brighter.
- The Serengeti Nomad
- Introducing JWS 360 – your first call in a crisis
- Green Season Greats with The Safari Collection
- St Helena to attend ITB Berlin
- Shenton Safaris exhibiting at ITB Berlin 2018
- One More Nail in the Single Use Plastics Coffin
Gahinga Batwa Village receives support from Adventure Travel Conservation FundBy *Eloisa Barberis Canonico, Volcanoes Safaris
Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust (VSPT) is thrilled to announce that the Adventure Travel Conservation Fund (ATCF) has voted to support the Gahinga Batwa Village!
The construction of the Gahinga Batwa Village started in the fall of 2017. The funding from the ATCF will contribute towards the permanent settlement for the Gahinga community of Batwa pygmies, a group of about 100 adults and children.
The Batwa were displaced from their ancestral homeland in Mgahinga twenty five years ago and have been living as marginalised landless squatters since then.
The Gahinga Batwa Village will have homes for the Batwa Community, areas for cultivation, recreation and a community centre. The Batwa will move to the village in Spring 2018.
VSPT has purchased land for the building of the village and made available materials for the Batwa to build their own homes. Since 2013, VSPT has set up a series of projects to support the livelihood of the Batwa community through tourism related enterprises and to help preserve their culture and heritage.