- Soft launch: HESC's brand new Greater Kruger Information Centre.
- Coastal’s Renowned Junior Pilot’s Cadet Program
- Ole Serai Luxury Camps – By Wellworth Hospitality, will be opening its new camp at Kogatende – Northern Serengeti in end of June 2018. Book now for stay from 1st July 2018 onwards!!!
- Bradt Travel Guides Big Cat Festival London 20th May
- Introducing Joaquina Mamuya as our new Sales Head – Dar es Salaam & Zanzibar
- New rate structure for the exclusive-use Tanda Tula Field Camp
- Selati Camp - Captured in Time
- Get out of the Safari Car!
- Elewana Kifaru House showcased
- Uncharted Africa now managing Mapula Lodge, Botswana
Meet Shafiul "Shaf" Syed Coastal Aviation's Managing Director - Accountable ManagerBy *Gabriele Manzoni, Coastal Aviation
Early in March, Shafiul (“Shaf”) Syed assumed office as the Managing Director-Accountable Manager for Coastal Aviation. Shaf brings 27 years of aviation experience and 3 years offshore senior management experience to the organisation.
Before joining Coastal Aviation, Shaf has led major brand organisations through tough business and culture change, with his inspired & passionate leadership and commitment to safety, strategy and the customer as key success factors.
Shaf started his aviation career, with 18 distinguished years at British Airways starting off as an undergraduate engineer, Boeing 747-400 Line Maintenance engineer, Production Controller to BA Engineering’s Landing Gear overhaul facility, Operations Scheduler, Customer Services Manager through to Sales Manager and culminating as General Manager for BA’s entire operations in West Africa. Trophies include being awarded the “Silver Spanner” from amongst his intake of apprentice engineers, “Top Gun” Salesman of the year and Most Innovative Sales Team for the initiatives introduced across Africa. He then spent 3 years as Chief of Staff, managing all the support functions including HSSE, offshore contracting & procurement (especially helicopters & rigs) and commercial negotiations with the Egyptian government, to the largest overseas gas producing asset managed by BG Group (former upstream division of British Gas and now part of Shell), before joining Aero Contractors.
Shaf studied Air Transport Engineering at the City University (London, UK) and Business Administration at Henley Management College. Shaf is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society (FRAeS).
Welcome on Board Shaf!