- Samara's Manor House now available to independent travellers
- Botswana: The NEW Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is OPEN!
- Elewana Kilindi Zanzibar reopened with New General Managers: Adam Howard and Kim Juergens
- Saile Airstrip Re-opened
- Hoopoe Safaris appoint Samphire Travel Consulting in the UK
- New video highlights how great Malawi is for families
- Auric Air now offers pre-purchase of additional baggage allowance.
- Family Safari Circuit With African Bush Camps
- Daily Direct Flights To Zanzibar
- Ethos Adds Machaba Safaris to its Portfolio
Chicago joins Ethiopian global networkBy Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines, the largest Aviation Group in Africa and SKYTRAX certified Four Star Global Airline, is pleased to announce that has it started services to Chicago as of June 10, 2018.
The inaugural flight to Chicago was announced at a colorful ceremony held at the VIP Salon of Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in the presence of Ambassador of the United States to Ethiopia, H.E. Mr. Michael Raynor, members of the Diplomatic Corps, Ethiopian Executive Management members and invited guests.
“Chicago will be our 4th destination in the U.S. and our 7th in the Americas. It is the third biggest city in the U.S. and one of the most important global aviation hubs. We will be filling a critical air connectivity vacuum as our flights will be the only direct service between Chicago and Africa.
Chicago is the main hub of our Star Alliance partner, United Airlines and the flight will be operated together with United to avail the best product for travelers from all over the U.S. connecting to 58 destinations in Africa. The flight will enable greater flow of trade, investment and tourism between the U.S. and Africa “, commented Group CEO of Ethiopian Airlines, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam.
Speaking at the inaugural event, H.E. Mr. Michael Raynor, Ambassador of the United States to Ethiopia, on his part said, “Day by day we are witnessing new successes at Ethiopian Airlines. Last week, we celebrated the 100th aircraft milestone and today we are inaugurating flights to Chicago. I congratulate Mr Tewolde GebreMariam and the entire Ethiopian Airlines team on the successes. The US Government and the American Embassy in Addis Ababa will continue to support the growth of the airline.”
Ethiopian has deployed one of its Boeing 787 aircraft on the route. Chicago is Ethiopian’s fourth destination in the U.S. and the seventh in the Americas.