- Acacia Africa Promotes Namibia As Part Of Its Africa Wanderlust Campaign
- Ethiopian Airlines Airplane Lands in Asmara after 20 years
- A new, improved Travel Insurance Policy by JW Seagon
- The Private Hide gets a new Pool
- The Safari Collection partners with MEAK for our 5th eye surgery mission
- Lewa-Borana Game Count safari goes ahead to bring guests closer to conservation in Kenya
- Gary & Simon Highlight East Africa At Experience Africa By Atta
- St Helena Festival of Running 2018
- Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa to Launch a Full 18 Hole Golf Course In October
- Wilderness Safaris Botswana Launches Biodiversity Survey Week
Ethiopian Airlines Celebrates 45 Years In LondonBy Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines held an anniversary dinner last week at London’s Syon Park, right under the airlines flight path from Heathrow, to celebrate 45 years of operating from the UK.
Africa’s flagship airline, Ethiopian launched its inaugural flight from London to Addis Ababa in June 1973 with just 4 flights per week stopping in Rome, Frankfurt and Cairo operating just 2 Boeing 720 aircraft. Now, Ethiopian is the continents leading airline, having grown extensively over 45 years. It now operates 10 weekly non-stop flights between Heathrow to Addis Ababa using state of the art Airbus A350 and has announced 4 x weekly services between Manchester to Addis Ababa commencing 11th December 2018. Its expanding international network now spans to 110 destinations across 5 continents including the largest African network of 54 destinations. Last month it took delivery of their 100th aircraft a Boeing 787-900.
The event was held in the great conservatory at this beautiful London venue where over 120 guests enjoyed a night of true Ethiopian hospitality which included delicious Ethiopian food, excellent Ethiopian wines, traditional Ethiopian dancers and some fabulous prizes to give away.
Among the guests were H.E. Hailemichael Aberra, Ethiopian Ambassador to the UK, airline staff, old and new, partners form the travel and tourism industry, the media and many of the airlines valued supporters over the last 45 years.
Attending guests watched Ethiopian Airlines new video highlighting its historical achievements over the last 45 years, from its humble beginnings operating from a small corner of the main car park at Heathrow, to its advancements in aviation, increased number of new fleet, additional services and new plans for Manchester airport in December this year this airline is really going from strength to strength.
The evening came to a close with a fun prize draw where lucky guests tested their knowledge on all things Ethiopia and Ethiopian Airlines to win a number of fantastic prizes including 2 flights to anywhere on the African Continent and a fantastic 7 nights holiday to Victoria Falls and Botswana courtesy of Ethiopian Airlines and The Legacy Hotel Group.