- Proud to be ONE – introducing Saruni’s new centralised website
- Painted Wolf Wines opens a Tasting Room at 125 Main Road, Paarl
- Nyamatusi Camp: One of Africa's last remaining wild frontiers
- Classic Zimbabwe packaged launched by Robin Pope Safaris
- Into the Unknown: Expedition-Testing in the Okavango
- One of the best experiences to enjoy while in the Serengeti
- Mantis Appoints New CEO
- Good ‘Gnus’ From Sala’s Camp
- A move to Hollard Cigna Health significantly strengthens the JWS Safari Health Plan.
- Flatdogs Camp Becomes Carbon Neutral
Nairobi Serena Hotel Announces Completion Of Phase One Of Its Refurbishment, Opens 1st September 2018By Sharon Kibwage, Serena Hotels
The Best Is Getting Better
Nairobi Serena Hotel is pleased to announce the completion of the phase one of its ongoing refurbishment that will be open from 1st September 2018. The refurbishment program is in line with Serena Hotels commitment of continuous improvement of its product and is aligned to respond to global trends and needs of leisure and corporate clientele. The five-star hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World and is well known for preserving the rich Pan-African inspired culture expressed through its interiors and unique décor accents.
Completed Phase One
The refurbishment program is in two phases and the now completed phase one -north wing includes the following:
Completion of 95 fully upgraded rooms.
- 4 Executive Suites.
- 84 Queen Deluxe Rooms.
- 7 Deluxe Twin Rooms.
- Double glazed acoustic windows.
- Enhanced fire, security and safety features in compliance with International standards.
- New high-speed lifts.
- Energy efficient mood lighting.
- Modern Air Conditioning systems.
New Executive Lounge-7th floor
- 2 private meeting rooms.
- Entire floor offers spectacular views of the Nairobi City skyline.
New Ballroom and Meeting Facilities
- 450 sq. metres acoustic ballroom with a capacity to hold 450 people theatre style and can break out into two separate meeting rooms (Frangipani/Allamanda) fitted with state of the art Audio Visual Equipment.
- 2 new additional meeting rooms- Lilly and Orchid.
New Front of House Areas
- New arrival experience.
- Upgraded lobby.
New Car Park
- A parking silo with a capacity for 120 cars that includes a provision for VIP parking and for the physically challenged.
The new fusion restaurant is scheduled for opening in November 2018 which will complement the current Food and Beverage experience offered at the all-day Café Maghreb restaurant, Mandhari fine dining restaurant and the Aksum Bar which remain operational.
Maisha Health Club
- New Cardio Vascular Equipment has been installed in the Gym.