- CITW Awards Full Scholarships to Eight Bisate Secondary School Learners
- Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero, Reimagined
- Announcing the new Puku Ridge tented safari camp in Zambia's South Luangwa National Park
- Giving Back
- Which binoculars should you take on safari?
- Bradt Travel Guides Big Cat Festival 2019
- Meet us at ITB Berlin - 6th to 10th March 2019
- andBeyond appoints resident photographer for Klein’s Camp and Grumeti
- Avoid Bank Charges – Pay Into The Jenman African Safaris Euro Account
- The Parker family to continue the Tongabezi Dream
Ethiopian To Operate All-Women Functioned Flight To Oslo On International Womens DayBy Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines is pleased to announce that they will be celebrating International Women’s Day by operating an All Women Functioned Flight on Addis Ababa – Stockholm - Oslo route on March 08, 2019.
The all women functioned flight will operate from the continent of Africa to meet with their counterparts in Europe to show the power of women to the world.
The historical flight will be operated by Ethiopian Airlines women professionals from flight deck all the way to the ground including airport operations, flight dispatch, load control, ramp operation, on-board logistics, safety and security, catering as well as air traffic control, which will be carried out entirely by women.
Group Chief Executive Officer of Ethiopian Airlines, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, remarked, “We are immensely honoured that we have women trailblazers in every aspect of our aviation field. Women have been an integral part of our success story from the start and with this dedicated flight we honour and celebrate their indispensable contribution to our aviation Group and the broader aviation industry, our country and the continent at large.
Although women are Africa’s greatest resource, gender inequality still persists in our continent. Therefore, we all need to ensure that women take their right position in all human endeavour by creating the right conditions through all-inclusive engagements models.”
Ethiopian operates five weekly flights to Oslo, Norway via Stockholm with ultra - modern Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
In the past few years, to mark this occasion, Ethiopian Airlines has operated four other flights to Bangkok, Kigali, Lagos, and Buenos Aires, which were operated by women aviation professionals.