- andBeyond announces plans for ultimate desert escape
- Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Actress Virginia McKenna
- Additional Departures for Jenman African Safaris Intimate Botswana and Zimbabwe Encounter in 2019 & 2020
- New Kenya FGASA Qualification course in the Masai Mara
- Golden Africa Safaris announces additional Okavango Delta 9 night departure for September 2019
- Flatdogs Camp receives chef training for their à la carte restaurant
- African Bush Camps “Wild Game” is open
- 2 Fantastic Indaba Fam Trips available with Hideaways
- Wilderness Wellness Safari with The Safari Collection
- Hiking in the Udzungwas
Singita Sweni Lodge Redefines Luxury Bush ExperiencesBy Chwayita Njobe, Singita
Over the past 25 years, Singita has intuitively curated guest experiences that incorporate a novel approach to the restorative effects of unconstrained time and space. At the heart of this mindset lies a set of values based on the expectations of savvy travelers, as well as a longing for nurturing natural encounters.
Singita Sweni Lodge, set in a remote stretch of South Africa’s iconic Kruger National Park, beautifully embodies all the layers of a luxury that suspends time and space.
Nestled on the forested banks of the Sweni River, this intimate hideaway’s design creates a seamless connection between guests and the spectacular surrounding landscapes.
Morning and evening game drives provide ample opportunities to spot elephants, leopard, famously large prides of lion, rhino, buffalo, hippopotamus, cheetah, sable and an abundance of birdlife. Every moment in the presence of these animals is a grounding experience; bringing one’s focus to the present. These encounters are often deeply moving for guests and demonstrate the influence of the African wilderness to quiet even the busiest mind and find stillness at a time when the demand for our attention has never been greater.
In-between game drives guests at Sweni can fill their days with a range of personalised experiences. From enjoying effortlessly elegant cocktails by the pool to joining students of the Singita Community Culinary School for a cooking class or participating in tailor-made wine tastings in the temperature-controlled cellar, the golden thread underpinning a stay a Sweni is an experiential offering catering for discerning tastes.