- How is Kamageo helping to increase tourism to Africa?
- Animals free to visit Tongole
- Zambia "End of Year Report" highlights UK successes, ahead of Year 3 launch
- Painted Wolf Wines invitation to visit
- Guests Get Hands-On in the Kitchen at the Singita Community Culinary School
- Kenya Airways resumes Malindi Operations
- Greystoke Mahale's Mwiga Mambo features on "Faces of Africa"
- Daily scheduled flights between Serengeti to Kigali & Entebbe
- Introducing Our New Team Members...
- Equatorial Guinea - Labour Day Celebration
Safarilink Aviation Makes HistoryBy *Anu Vohora, Safarilink Aviation
Safarilink Aviation successfully completed the IATA Standard Safety Assessment (ISSA) designed for commercial airlines and the airline is now on the ISSA registry.
The assessment covered the following disciplines;
- Organization and Management System which includes Quality, Safety and Security Systems
- Flight Operations
- Operational Control and Flight Dispatch
- Ground Handling Operations
- Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance.
The IATA Standard Safety Assessment (ISSA) Program is an evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an Operator and also to extend the benefits of operational safety and efficiency that emanated from the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program for operators of aircraft below 5,700Kg maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) who are not eligible for the IOSA program.
Alex Avedi, Chief Executive Officer Safarilink Aviation says, “I am very pleased with this exceptional achievement, we are now officially the first carrier in Africa and the Middle East to get this prestigious certification and only the fourth in the world. This is an assurance that our Airline operations meet the highest international safety standards. I would also like to thank the dedicated staff of Safarilink Aviation who always ensure our clients have a safe and memorable experience when flying with us”
Safarilink has had many firsts including being amongst the first African airline to be carbon neutral through tree planting partnership with Mt. Kenya Trust as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility programs. For more information about Safarilink visit www.flysafarilink.com