- Escape+Explore July News and 2020 Rates
- Extraordinary Showcases 2019 to be held in August in Johannesburg and Cape Town
- The great bat migration with Robin Pope Safaris
- Wilderness Safaris King’s Pool Camp Reopens in the Linyanti
- Rare Melanistic Genet Seen at Angama Mara
- Funding a 100-Year Conservation Vision Through Sustainable Tourism
- Mabula Game Reserve Carries Out Successful Veterinary Intervention on a Madjuma Lioness
- Lemalas' Melegali Spa cultural massage proves popular with guests
- New Lion-King-Themed Family- Safari from Jenman African Safaris - Journey To The Pride Lands
- Journey to East Africa
Latitude 0° Launch Party Brings Glow of Ugandan Warmth to Rainy MayfairBy *Anita Powell, Small World Marketing
On June 18th The Latitude Hotels roup hosted a launch event for the highly anticipated Latitude 0° at The Conduit in Mayfair. A room buzzing with journalists, trade colleagues and investors was filled with the sound of Ugandan music while all admired images of the beautiful new hotel displayed around the room.
Latitude 0° is the latest hotel in the group’s profile, joining Latitude 13° in Lilongwe and Latitude 15 in Lusaka. The 47-room hotel is the group’s largest and most ambitious project to date, with the signature ethical interiors – a cornerstone of the brand since its inception - taken to a stunning new level.
Presentations from James Lightfoot – Co-Founder of Latitude Group - and Paul Mack – Latitude Director - spoke of the brand’s growth, most notably of the stunning interiors created in partnership with ethical art organisation, Katundu and other community partnerships so close to the company’s heart. New hotels were also announced: Latitude 9° in Addis Ababa and Latitude 20° in Mauritius are among the ambitious growth plans for The Latitude Hotels Group.
Ashley Gibbins, Managing Director of the International Travel Writers Alliance, commented “It was impossible not to be impressed with the hotels themselves and the approach to community involvement that lies behind each property.”
Overall the night was a roaring success with all those involved feeling immensely proud of the project and of all that Latitude brings to dynamic, urban Africa.
For images of the event please click below