- Robin Pope Safaris 2020 Package Rates now live
- Llama Travel launches Africa holidays
- Jao’s New Executive Chef Blends Botswana Fare with Global Food Trends
- Tswalu Kalahari relaunches The Motse
- African Bush Camps founder and CEO, Beks Ndlovu addresses Global Travel and Tourism Resilience Council on “resilience.”
- Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp has a brand new fleet of custom 4x4 Game Viewing vehicles
- Travel to Zimbabwe with Wilderness Safaris
- NFL Player Gives His Heart with Mara Engai & The Masai People
- Cottars Bush Villa and Alfajiri Villas partnership
- Ignite your unique spirit at Migrations Expeditions
Coastal Launches Go Green Campaign on 1st August 2019By Dixita Patel, Coastal Aviation
Coastal Aviation, the Flying Safari Company, today launches a Go Green initiative dubbed Fly Green, Fly Coastal to promote sustainable tourism and becoming an environmentally friendly company that is much more ecologically responsible.
"Today is our first official attempt to indulge in ecological tourism. We want to promote and encourage a cleaner, safer environment, to create less pollution and reduced carbon footprint. As a Safari company we've been generating a staggering 16,000 single-use plastic bottles every month! We have taken feedback from many of our customers who really want us to change our game. So we have finally decided to embark on our Go Green journey. We want to pioneer and lead initiatives that show our increasing responsibility to our environment and homeland." explained Shaf Syed, Managing Director Coastal Aviation in a trade webinar held last week Thursday.
For Coastal’s own part, the company is looking to substantially reduce the amount of plastic usage generated by no longer offering single-use water bottles for its passengers. Instead, customers will be encouraged to fill and refill their own water bottles at dispensers available at the major Coastal airports. For those that don’t have such bottles, Coastal will be more than happy to sell metal water bottles. (We will continue to carry limited emergency supplies onboard the aircraft though, for obvious reasons!)
None of this is possible, without individual effort and we have ear marked internal company initiatives to inspire action.
Everyone flying with Coastal Aviation is welcome to support and even better, actively engage in this “environmental journey”. Together, we can make a difference to our world, so that perhaps we will leave a cleaner environment, protect the beauty of Mother Tanzania for the generations to come.