- Entim Camp offers spectacular views with the completion of the new Bar lounge and deck
- Wilderness Safaris Supports Riding for Rhinos SRT Namibia Tour
- Zambezi Cruise & Safaris Responds to Mana Pools Feed Crisis
- The 'How & Why' Guide to Selling Saruni Rhino
- Pioneering Lion Conservation across Africa since 1983
- New Fees For Gorilla Permits are Announced
- Hideaways in the Latest Travel Africa Magazine
- Zambia - New Flights 2020: Lower Zambezi; South Luangwa; Livingstone
- What's in a name - introducing Camp Sossus & our Star Beds!
- Asilia launches Asilia by Air
Wilderness Safaris Announces ‘Capture the Soul of Africa’ Photographic CompetitionBy Wendy Ngcobo, Wilderness Safaris
Wilderness Safaris has launched its ‘Capture the Soul of Africa’ Photographic Competition in partnership with Olympus, to celebrate the extraordinary people, wildlife and experiences of Africa. With impressive prizes on offer and a world-class judging panel, the competition, which opens for entries on 1 September 2019, will showcase the abundant wonders of Africa. In addition, with each entry submitted, the competition will raise funds for a number of important conservation and community initiatives – namely Children in the Wilderness, Namibia Lion Project and Gishwati Reforestation Project.
“To travel into the wild, remote and untouched areas of Africa is to be truly moved, and it’s for this reason that we describe our journeys as life-changing. Our purpose, through these journeys, is to inspire positive action, which helps to conserve and restore Africa’s wilderness and wildlife”, says Wilderness Safaris CMO, Ginny Davids. “We are delighted to officially announce the details of our 2019 photographic competition, which sets out to showcase images which capture this spirit. Images with soul. Images which move. Images which inspire people to positive action”.
This year, finalists will also have the opportunity of being exhibited at a selection of locations in North America, the United Kingdom, Northern Europe and South Africa. Entries are not limited to Wilderness Safaris areas; instead, photographers, guests, partners, intrepid travellers and Africa enthusiasts are invited to submit any of their favourite images taken anywhere in Africa; non-Africa imagery will not be eligible for prizes.
All entries will be judged by world-renowned wildlife, portrait and macro photographers. The competition will be open for entries from 01 – 30 September 2019, with the Top10 winners per category announced on 15 October.
For more details on the competition, categories and prizes, please visit www.wilderness-safaris.com/photo-competition