- Azura Retreats to introduce Azura Marlin Beach, new for 2020
- The Safari Store Affiliate Programme: Your Own Branded Store
- Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris and the TreadRight Foundation Pledge to Make Travel Matter!
- Jenman African Safaris Creates Guided Group Safaris With Individuality
- Children in the Wilderness Zimbabwe launches All-Girls YES Camp
- Nearly US$18,000 Raised to Boost Anti-Poaching Efforts In Victoria Falls
- Ugandan gorilla makes star appearance on ITV's Calendar Show
- Solo Travel
- New 2020 Safari from Jenman African Safaris Shares The Greatness of Zimbabwe
- New Wildlife, Safari & Conservation trade summit in Harrogate
With every 3-night-stay at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange – Guests Pay for a Year of a Scholar’s Education!By Alessandra Azevedo van Dyk, Hideaways
Last year Elephant’s Eye, Hwange introduced our Sponsorship Pledge, a pledge to sponsor a full year’s school fees for a child at Dingani Primary for every guest who stays 3 nights or more at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange.
We are excited to announce that we will be extending this pledge for another year! In rural Zimbabwe, one of the biggest obstacles to a child’s education is the lack of resources. Families survive on as little as $2 a day and often struggle to make ends meet.
After covering the basics such as food and shelter, there simply isn’t enough money at the end of the month to pay for school fees. We believe that education is one of the most important tools that can be used to break the cycle of poverty. The Grow Africa Foundation and Hideaways, with the help of our guests, are making this disruption possible.
With our Sponsorship Pledge, guests who choose the lodge for their safari holiday will play a vital role in ensuring a positive future for a member of our community and it requires practically no effort on their part. Since 2015, when the Grow Africa Foundation started supporting Dingani the pass rate leaving primary school has increased from 3% to 26%.
Hideaways is now sponsoring in excess of 35 children and aiming to increase this again in 2020. Of course, if guests wish to get involved in further initiatives, they are more than welcome to do so. It’s how we make travel more meaningful.