- Ethiopian Airlines (UK) Policy Update - 15 April 2020
- Shamwari Lockdown Series
- Flood Waters Return to the Okavango Delta
- Kenya Airways Notice to Agents 005b - 07 April
- #SofaSafari at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve via Instagram Live
- House in the Wild - We are in this together...
- Hideaways: Hwange National Park: Conservation efforts remain top priority
- Matetsi Victoria Falls continues to support the Gogo Project
- Keep the Dream Alive: Complimentary access to Okavango River of Dreams, Chapter One
- ATTA® Presentation - Mara Engai Lodge Be one with Nature – the Height of Luxury
Mahalatini Luxury Travel Gifts a Once in a Lifetime trip for #HEALTHCAREHEROESBy *Christopher Goldring, Mahlatini Luxury Travel
Mahlatini invites nominations for deserving #HealthCareHeroes to win an extraordinary trip for two to South Africa’s iconic destinations.
Wednesday 15th April 2020
Today, Mahlatini, the luxury African travel specialist, will launch the #HealthCareHeroes competition that aims to recognise the tireless work of health practitioners across the globe and show a small token of our gratitude. The public is invited to nominate their healthcare hero to enjoy the trip of a lifetime, worth over £10,000, to be enjoyed when the crisis is over. Renowned for their expertise in designing extraordinary travel experiences, Mahlatini and their partner, The Last Word, have constructed a tour of the icons of South Africa, including cosmopolitan Cape Town, the natural beauty of the Winelands and the wilderness of a Big 5 safari.
“We’ve been humbled by the many heroic stories of those leaving their families at home to staff hospitals and maintain essential services, working long shifts in over-crowded conditions, often with limited resources,” says Greg Fox, Director of Mahlatini. “The team wanted to play our small part to show our gratitude and offer hope for a brighter future. Our clients often tell us how our African trips provide the perfect reset button to stressful lives and enthuse about the restorative power of the African wilderness. We want to gift this extraordinary experience to Mahlatini’s ultimate Healthcare Hero, even though we know it will be a challenge to select from so many worthy nominees.”
With the world currently grounded, the travel industry faces the toughest test in its history, but this pales into insignificance compared to the challenges facing our health service during this pandemic. This extraordinary trip includes:
- Return international flights to the value of £500 per person
- Two nights at The Last Word, Constantia, Cape Town on a B&B basis inclusive of drinks
- Two nights at The Last Word, Franschhoek on a B&B basis inclusive of drinks
- Three nights all-inclusive at The Last Word Kitara, Kruger National Park on a full board basis
- Internal flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit Airport
- All road transfers to and from airports and between properties (courtesy of Sable Tours)
- Safari game drives at The Last Word Kitara
- Conservation fees at Kruger National Park
You can nominate a Healthcare Hero online or via Mahlatini’s social media channels. Nominations will close on 29 April, with three shortlisted heroes selected by a Mahlatini panel, and the ultimate hero finally chosen by a public vote.