- SOCIAL DISTANCING on Ultimate Safaris' scheduled trips
- Pearl Valley Hotel by Mantis phase 2 completed
- Beauty and beasts in the south
- Tourism Connect; Turning Enquiries into Realities with Jenman African Safaris
- CITW Distributes over 100 Food Hampers To Zambezi Communities
- Small World Marketing Collaborates with Madagascar Classic Collection for an 'Introduction to Madagascar' Webinar
- Wilderness Safaris Welcomes Guests to Namibia and Zimbabwe
- Lemala's Commitment to Tanzania
- Inspirations Travel & Tours (PTY) LTD joins Planet Promoters portfolio in UK & Ireland
- Wilderness Safaris Drives Gishwati Conservation Tourism Programme
Celebrate Responsible Tourism with African Bush CampsBy Sonja Bezuidenhout, African Bush Camps
World Responsible Tourism Day (6 November) and World Safari Day (25 November) are soon approaching. These occasions recognise businesses and destinations that work to educate, inspire and improve the world through the power if tourism.
African Bush Camps (ABC) will be spending these days like all the others on its calendar, embracing sustainable practices at its 15 luxury bush camps and lodges in Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Zambia.
At the same time, it will continue to support worthy initiatives, led by its non-profit African Bush Camps Foundation (ABCF), to improve the quality of life among the communities in vulnerable wildlife areas surrounding its safari destinations.
Taken together, ABC’s responsible tourism efforts are something to celebrate every day.
Investing in Local Communities
ABC camps and lodges always employ local laborers, bringing in people skilled at plumbing, electric, and transportation for onsite handiwork. However, the company’s investment in local communities goes well beyond that.
The ABC Foundation, which receives at least 2.5 percent of its parent company’s annual revenues for funding, currently has over 40 initiatives underway to benefit rural communities surrounding ABC’s luxury safari destinations.
More on the Foundation’s projects: https://www.globalgiving.org/donate/68391/african-bush-camps-foundation/